Linus Galleries, Los Angeles Art Shows
2014 Artist Interview Series
Linus Gallery, representing california fine art and international artists, presents our fifth interview. The Artist Interview Series is a new blog featuring Linus artists from a variety of different practices and backgrounds. The blog aims to be an enjoyable read, sharing insight into the artist’s creative process and workspace, as well as their view of the world around us. This week we feature water-loving, skilled painter Peter Goodhall.
1) Please tell us your name, artistic practice of choice, and location in the world.
I’m Peter Goodhall, a fine arts graduate from Devon UK. The dog is Rosa, she has been a regular visitor to the studio since 8 weeks old and loves running down to the beach.
2) This is a hard choice for many visual artists, but what is the first answer that comes to mind when you think of your favorite color?
A favourite colour is blue and all its variations.
4) What subject matter appears most in your artwork? What do you love about that subject? What do you dislike about that subject?
I know I’m always going to prefer oil painting on canvas, often on canvases of a large scale. A favourite subject is water – its many moods, its many colours and its constantly changing state. Water has featured in my art since childhood and also some of my hobbies are water related, I keep fish and I build model ships.
7) Which describes you: Beach, Forest, Desert, Field, or City?
I’m a beach, and it would be quicker to count the days in my life when I haven’t seen the sea than the days I have.
8) What musical artist/band are you currently listening to when you are creating?
I listen to lots of pop music and sometimes I live in the past musically, it’s surprising how much lift I get when one of those favourite songs is played.
10) Any parting advice for budding artists?
I believe that the charm and longevity of the oil painting process is a result of the versatility of the medium, and any advice to budding artists is to find a medium that works for them personally and experiment in finding how it works and it will take as long as it takes, be prepared for a long journey.
If you are interested in purchasing artwork from this artist or any of the artists featured on this blog or our website please CONTACT the GALLERY
Keep up with our news and updates with all of our following social media sites: